Inkpen Primary School’s governors are currently drawn from different areas: staff; parents; the local community and the local authority governors. The governing body can also co-opt additional help from individuals with particular expertise. School governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities. They must act together; they cannot act individually. The role of governor is an exciting and challenging one that offers a unique opportunity to understand more about how the school works and to help shape its future direction.Inkpen Primary School has an active and committed governing body with a shared desire to work in partnership with the school leadership team and staff to further improve the school.
The governing body is accountable for the strategic direction of the school and for the quality of education that it provides.
At Inkpen Primary School governors fulfil this role by:
- Attending governing body meetings
- Taking individual roles and responsibilities these are currently – Chair; Vice Chair; SEND; Health & Safety; Safeguarding; PPG
- Supporting the school and representing the governing body at school events;
- Keeping up to date with developments in the education sector and attending training and events provided by West Berkshire Council.
Being a parent governor can be an enjoyable, worthwhile and challenging way to help the school. It is also a great opportunity to get to know the school community better and work with a great team of people.
Governors commit to the role for four years and when a vacancy comes up for a parent governor all parents are notified through the school newsletter. All parents are encouraged to consider becoming a governor and if more than one person puts their name forward then an election of all parents takes place.
- Emma Wordsworth is our Chair of Governors, and Pupil Premium Governor.
- Frances Buck as Head Teacher is a member of all committees.
- Martin Chester is a Co-Opted Governor and Safeguarding Governor.
- Clare Evans is a Co-Opted Governor.
- Mat Salisbury is a parent Governor.
- Susan Sim is a Local Authority Governor and our Health and Safety governor.
- Mark Harrison is also a parent Governor.
- Scott Higgins is a Staff Governor.
Clerk to the Governors is Ruth Lambert.
Contact the Governors by emailing
- FGB TOR including Finance Premises Curriculum 2021
- Inkpen School Annual Governance Statement 2022-23
- Governors Annual Letter 2023
- Q-A About Inkpen Governors
- FGB Minutes November 2021
- FGB Minutes December 2021
- FGB Minutes January 2022
- FGB Minutes March 2022
- FGB Minutes April 2022
- FGB Minutes October 2022
- FGB-Minutes November 2022
- FGB Minutes January 2023
- FGB Minutes March 2023
- FGB Minutes April 2023
- FGB Minutes June 2023
- FGB Minutes July 2023
- FGB Minutes September 2023
- FGB Minutes October 2023
- FGB Minutes November 2023
- FGB Minutes December 2023
Minutes from meetings will be on the website once they are approved.